The never ending story

I'm sitting here in my downsized bedroom for the 3rd and final night. Tomorrow I will move out. 

To be fair, I had already been thinking about how quickly I could pay down my debt and save my own house deposit. I was making those rationalisations with myself about...do I really need to follow all of Dave's advice? I could just not pay off the student loan before buying a house. 

Then it happened. Part of me was expecting it, the other part definitely wasn't. My landlord sat me down and told me she no longer  wanted lodgers and could I please find myself somewhere new to live...like seriously? I had lived there for 2 days at the time. 

I go back to work on Monday (officially) and I've got so much to do. I have a day left of classroom prep (in reality I need more like a week), I am speaking on a panel in London on Saturday afternoon, I need to plan multiple weeks of lessons and I need to buy new work shoes and still find time to relax. Now let's add in there the fact that I need to move. 

Luck was on my side because the same day I was told I needed to move an ex-colleague of mine came into work to ask me to advertise her 2 spare rooms for rent. The room I'm going to be renting is a single in a picturesque village about 15 minutes from work and I already know I love the pub. The downside is the price, £115 a week so in a 5 week month that's £560! On the upside, all of the perks of village life plus my own living room and bathroom. 

What do you guys think of room rentals in London? Rip off or sounds good?


Comments

Popular Posts