Upminster, Essex

Saturday couldn't come soon enough a few weeks ago (you know, sooner than we normally want it to come) because my friend from Perth Sarah was coming to visit me in Essex and we were going to have some grand adventures (in brunch). Sarah has been traveling around Europe for a good amount of time now and has bought her own car since she's been here, which was handy for me because 1) I was out in the middle of nowhere and 2) I also needed to move my life to another place. 

Sarah and I decided to go and explore Upminster which is my ideal place to live at this point. It's on the end of the underground line and yet still close enough to school to only be a 25 minute drive. Also more importantly than that is the cafes. Oh and it seems pretty safe.

We ended up having brunch at the Teahouse Deli. OMG a proper coffee, I haven't had one of those since I was in London. It was so good. The food was a bit mediocre but hey, I still like bacon even if it's not great. 

I absolutely love the fact that Upminster has coffee and cake shops dotted throughout the high street. Sarah and I found a cupcake shop that sold wine as well so indulged in a bit of wine with cupcakes and I can't believe we haven't deiscovered that combination previously. 

Before heading back into Grays Sarah took me to go and see one of the properties from spare room. The girl is lovely and she owns the top floor flat that she's renting out a room in. It's not quite central Upminster as she's 1.7 miles out of the town so it's more Cranham but it is still close enough. I'm currently looking to buy a car because I definitely want to move into this place so I'll keep you all updated on that one :) 




Comments

Popular Posts