I never saw this one coming

Tuesday was not a great day. I had been in struggle town with the kids all day, had the worst maths observation lesson ever and went home with an even bigger pile of marking and prep work. I didn't eat all day because I literally was stressed to the max and didn't really find the time. Continued my little breakdown at home after school feeling like a right failure (we all know I'm pretty hard on myself about everything).

I had already told myself that I wasn't going to bed before 12 because I needed to replan geography and cut out all of my resources for the next day so I got into my pjs and set myself up in bed with all of my five million pieces of paper. I'd just gotten into the geography side of things when I thought I heard a noise downstairs and so I just wrote it off as one of our land ladies friends that has keys. As I was thinking about it I thought it was a bit weird because normally they'd use the front door which is right below my window so I normally hear it so I decided to send the girls a Facebook message and see if any of them had gotten up. They'd all gone to bed already and it was about 11 at this point. I hadn't locked my door yet because I have the only working bathroom in my room, plus I was still awake. Before the girls even had a chance to respond I hear quite heavy footsteps coming up the stairs and at this point I realised it wasn't someone I knew in my house, next minute my door is swung open with a furiousness that I hadn't seen before and this big 6 ft plus is in my room and at the end of my bed. I start thinking I had to be dreaming, like seriously, who the hell? He started yelling at me asking me what my name was, why was I in his house, all the usual stuff from your average break and enter ... Not! I gave him a fake name and was like, well I love here to which he then started telling me no I didn't and I needed to get out. During all of this I'm in my bed still laptop open on my lap in my pjs just like what even is happening? I told the man he needed to get out of the house and that I was calling the police to which he replied he was to, he left my room and I ran out quickly to yell to the girls to lock their doors and not to come out. I went back into my room and quickly locked the door while I called 999. I have never been so terrified in my whole life, ever. I ended up in quite a state of shock and wouldn't come out for quite a while even after he had left our house. Unfortunly the police were coming, then weren't because they didn't know what they could do since he actually did own the house. Gosh it was just ridiculous. All the time I was messaging my parents in Aus telling them what was going on.

I eventually came out after 12 and made myself s cup of tea. I don't think I went to bed until after 2 but I didn't sleep very well because all I kept seeing was the guy standing in my room. Needless to say the next day at work was difficult on 3 hours sleep. I did go straight in and tell the head and executive principal what had happened, luckily I only cried a little bit because I don't think they'd have liked to see me crying like I had been the night before. 

The school has been so absolutely fabulous to us though, they had us out of that house the same day and into temp housing. Lots of people spent all day sorting us out and for that I'll be forever grateful. 

I'll also be forever grateful for my new right way up version of myself who's offered me a room in her house until I figure out what I'm doing long term. Her poor husband won't know what's hit him haha.

So basically if you wanted to know what happened the other night there you have it. I'll leave you with the safety hazard that is 4 girls lives in a 1 bed flat.




Comments

Popular Posts