Tamworth, England

A nice Tamworth sunset
I was baptised in Tamworth back in 91' and have been visiting here ever since (maybe because it's my mums home town?) so I always feel as though I know it like the back of my hand. I can navigate around town without too much thought so it's easy and comfortable to be here.

Tamworth has a castle, a nice looking cathedral style church (St Edithas), a snow dome and a 24hr Asda. I really like Asda. It's also got a theme park called Drayton Manor that is literally across the field from where I'm currently sitting in Sues backyard. I can hear the screams I'm that close. 



St Editha's








 
I started off my time here with a curry down at the Longwood (it's a pub, you can get a drink and a curry with rice, naan, and a Pompodom for only £6. Bargain, and we all know how much I love a curry. 
I do love a bit of good curry

On Thursday Sue and I went to a few bulk buy places in search of things for my house, we found a few which was good. In true Tash style I also found a giant bag of prawn crackers for only 99p and had to have them. I then had dinner at my nans house with my 2 aunties and cousin Sabrina. 

Friday saw a day trip into Lichfield, but not before a pop into pound stretcher which saw me find everything else I needed. I'm starting to worry all my stuff isn't going to fit into the tiny car with Siahnas stuff tomorrow. Lichfield was lovely, even though it rained constantly all day. I loved spending time with Sues extended family, some of them are over from Spain and they're so tanned! Shame on me the white Aussie.



 

Sabrina and I had a nice wander around town and this retail park called Ventura on Saturday Argo and then the mummos arrived on Sunday :) fun times all round. I'm off to pick up hire car no.2 tomorrow ready to move into my house!

Sabrina and I ... can you see the family resemblance?
Birmingham and Fazely Canal



Comments

Popular Posts