Portobello Road, Notting Hill

My new teaching buddy Kate and I spent the afternoon together today as she prepares to head off on a Contiki tour and I prepare to go into school organisation madness. After what felt like an eternity trying to find somewhere to eat in the area Kate is staying in (Euston Square), we were stumped as to what touristy things we could do, because Kate is super on the ball and has seen most of it anyway.

We decided to hear to Portobello Road in Notting Hill. Made famous by the moving 'Notting Hill', this has been on my bucket list for a while now (well taking a photo of the colourful houses has).

As we wandered towards the promised land of the markets, we both realised not only did our feet hurt but we needed the loo. No, we didn't remember to go before we left the last place. Tut tut.

I was a little underwhelmed by the coloured houses to say the least. Maybe it was the dreary day that it is today, maybe it's just because there aren't actually as many as people make out there are. We took photos and moved down the road a little more, now feeling like some dessert. Much to our delight we found a street vendor selling crepes, I'm amazed at the ease at which this lady made these. If I tried, well, let's just say we probably wouldn't feed it to the dog.













 

Comments

  1. Looks amazing! Glad to see you have a buddy there to make the transition a lot easier. I am moving there end of year as a NQT and am very nervous about it all. But also extremely excited!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts