Practice packing for a move abroad

















One thing that has been popping up on my insta feed lately (within the currently preparing to move to England crowd) is practice packs.

Now I’m leaving in approx. 57 days and I haven’t had one of these practice packs. I have however been culling my wardrobe like I’m about to win a million dollars to go on a shopping spree to restock it when I get to the UK. Wishful thinking or a prediction of the future?
I decided to bite the bullet on Friday and have a go at a practice pack, because, I am notorious for packing a few hours before I need to leave for the airport and in this situation it’s probably best I have some sort of idea what I’m taking. Also, I’m normally overweight by a decent amount (both the suitcase and myself – haha!) so I figured I’d save myself the embarrassment of having to unpack a suitcase in front of plenty of my closest friends (Hi people of Perth).
Let’s take a look at my well equipped for the England weather wardrobe …
 



 

 
Yeah, that’s just 2 pairs of pants you see there. I actually only owned 1 pair until the other day. A closer look you say? Not a problem
The tops collection. Majority work appropriate and not climate appropriate.

 
I’m a mostly skirts and dresses type of girl so I’m taking 5 skirts (all black, how on trend) and 2 pairs of shorts.

Not much to say here. 1 pair of jeans. 1 pair of work trousers. Weather appropriate.
 

The dresses.

Because moving countries is clearly going to turn me into a gym junkie…the fitness clothing.
 
Now we get to the extras portion of the practice pack.

As you can see I’m only packing 3 pairs of shoes. I thought it might increase to 4 once I wore my sparkly heels out again on the weekend and realised my love for them, but all I’ve realised is that I look like the BFG and a newborn giraffe who can’t walk properly. Needless to say they aren’t coming. I’m only packing 1 pair of PJ’s because I’ll probably love all of the PJ’s in Primark. I’ve got one swimsuit, 2 scarves (1 thin and 1 thick), a beanie, ignore the black and white patterned thing (it’s a throw over that I’ve since decided I don’t like), 1 belt, and the best clutch ever (glitter anyone?).
Obviously I haven’t included things like my bras and undies in this, mostly because those will weigh next to nothing so no point really. I’ll also only be packing sample / travel sized toiletries to save on weight. This isn’t including the outfit I want to wear on the plane (I’ll probably take an extra outfit in my carry on as well because I’m notorious for spilling things down me)  or the little memories from here I’ll want to take (or I may just take a USB with photos and have them printed there). The only accessories that I’m taking of the Jewellery type is my watch, 1 pair of studs, and my cross necklace. I may take one long line necklace to wear on the plane but we’ll see how much I can match my Pinterest pin haha.
 
Is there anything else you think I should have in here? Tell me about it in the comments below.

Comments

Popular Posts