The cost of moving

Can I just say that it is really hard trying to plan an international move. I am a self-confessed lover of lists, I love knowing what I need to do, bring, save for, pre-organise....you get the picture, but when I tried to find a list of things I should expect when moving to the UK I couldn't find one.

All I want to know is how much money should I save, what are somethings I should organise when I first get there, who is the best internet / mobile provider, what should I do that's touristy before starting work?

So I've decided that I'll make my own list, because I know there'll be someone else out there that feels like I do about lists.

Touristy Things To Do
Vanessa and I will be staying in London when we first arrive for a few days to do the touristy thing, take pictures, live in la-la land for a while before coming back down to reality and going to work.

Harry Potter World
One of the things we're definitely down to do is the Harry Potter tour at Warner Brothers Studios. This is going to cost around 33 pounds each (not including transport, buying of random crap aka souvenirs, food etc)


Madame Tussauds
In good old London town. It's on my bucket list to have a picture with a celebrity, but if I can't quite manage to find a living, breathing, willing participant in that one, I'll make do with their wax figure instead. Also, I am a fan of the royals. I'm pretty stoked about the new baby. Entry to this one is 22.50 (I don't have the pound sign on my keyboard so you can just assume from this point I'm talking prices in pounds). They do have a deal though where you can go to Madame Tussauds and another attraction (i.e the London Eye) for 40 pound in total rather than buying two separately. I'm not sure I'd be keen to go on the Eye again but if I do I'll be getting this deal.


London Zoo
Who doesn't want to visit cute animals! This one looks to be around 22.50 if you book online before you go, worth doing even just to save the 2.50.

Hop-on Hop-off bus tour
This one retails at 29 pounds for 48 hours and takes you to all those awesome touristy places like Buckingham Palace (told you, the royals are my faves) and Trafalgar Square.

Known Expenses (So far haha)

Heathrow Express (takes you to Paddington station) - 25 pound
Hotel or Air BnB in Paddington (3 nights, 2 people) - Around 200 pound each
Flights (one way from Perth) - $1000 give or take a couple of hundred

This is quickly adding up....Flights are being booked in 2 weeks though! #winning

Comments

Popular Posts