The wardrobe and resources cull begins

Well, the resources cull actually began 2 weeks ago, so really that part of it continues.

Have you ever realised that you grow attached to a lot of stuff!? I was just standing in my wardrobe looking at my clothes. I know for a fact that I don't wear half of them but coming to put those clothes in a bag to take to the charity shop was really hard.

I found myself keeping things saying to myself  'I'll get rid of this right before I go away' or 'This is a great teacher item' ... yeah right! I've been in the classroom for over a year now (last year was prac) and I still haven't worn that many things. So straight into the bag it was. Some items need mending, which I'm happy to get done because I know that I wear them a lot. I intend on taking my whole wardrobe to the UK with me, and that isn't going to be a lot.

I find that I'm not all that attached to my resources. I've been getting rid of things left right and centre and it feels good. I suppose the only thing I'll struggle to get rid of is my collection of glitter. That sounds ridiculous but it's true. I love glitter.

If anyone wants to volunteer to come to my house and be brutally honest while going through my wardrobe with me, please do! I need some honesty in my life right now haha.

 

Comments

Popular Posts