Visiting Essex

Yesterday I went to Essex and visited my school, classroom, and some of my fellow teachers. The first thing I noticed when I got off the bus was that there are ponies next to the school, yes I was very excited.

I always had expectations for my first classroom, ideally it would be an empty blank canvas that I could do whatever I wanted with. What I didn't anticipate was the amount of work that would take. There are so many things to think about and prepare ready for the start of the school year. Name tags for days, printing, cutting, laminating. Re-decorating the boards. Re-organising the resources. Moving the furniture around. Needless to say on day 1 all I've achieved is ripping a whole lot of things off the walls and making a few of the hundreds of name tags I need to.

Because there are so many different colours already in the classroom with the draws, chairs and blinds, I decided to go with black backgrounds on the displays and with other display items such as the alphabet, number cards, and other things like that. I don't think I really need to tell you what my accents will be, but I will, I'll be having glitter and different colours as accents. As you can see I've made up one board so far that has a black background and a green edging. This will be my numeracy wall. Of course the title will be cut out of glitter paper and I will have numicon displayed up there as well as childrens work when we get started.

The board next to it will be my literacy wall and I think I'll go with a blue edging.

Here are my before pictures, I can't wait to update you with the finished product when it's all done.





 

Comments

Popular Posts